Australian Community Philanthropy (ACP) is the peak organisation and network for community foundations in Australia, supporting their growth and connecting them with each other for greater collective impact.
Australian Community Philanthropy was founded by a group of dedicated community foundation practitioners and incorporated as a company limited by guarantee late in 2007 [ABN 11 129 866 419].
The company is endorsed by the ATO as a charitable organisation and registered as a charity with the ACNC.
ACP exists to connect and represent the community foundation movement, support development of shared resources, and to help strengthen its impact. Its objectives are to:
- Build the capacity of community foundations through networking opportunities, tools and resources, links and connections, advice and assistance.
- Raise the public profile of community foundations and increase understanding of their impact in the general , broader philanthropic sector, business and government.
- Advocate for public policy reforms to optimise the operating environment for community foundations to enable efficiency, effectiveness and growth in the sector.
- Act as a central point of contact, information and communication for the community foundations both in Australia and overseas.
Australian Community Philanthropy (ACP) was established in 2007 by a group of dedicated community foundation practitioners to offer support to the voluntary boards and professional staff of community foundations.
The Founding Directors were:
- Sue Charlton – Stand Like Stone
- Wayne Weaire – Tomorrow:Today Foundation
- Catherine Brown – Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Chris Horton – Border Trust